Hire the Gryphon‎ > ‎


The Gryphon does not have a bar. However, if you want to operate a bar you must obtain a special licence from the District Licensing Agency. In addition, a person with a Bar Manager's Certificate must be present while the bar is open and food must be available when liquor is being sold. The bar can only be opened before the performance and during the interval, if any.

The Secretary
District Licensing Agency
PO Box 2199

(04) 801 3528

The law requires that the consent of the owner of the premises must be obtained before a special licence will be granted. To allow us to obtain this, you should advise the theatre manager at least one week before you wish to submit your application.